GOP Crib Sheet
The Reno Gazette-Journal
gives us a list of things you need to believe to be a Republican today:
- The United States should get out of the United Nations, and our highest national priority is enforcing U.N. resolutions against Iraq.
- "Standing Tall for America" means firing your workers and moving their jobs to India.
- A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multi-national corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
- The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches while slashing veterans' benefits and combat pay.
- Providing health care to all Iraqis is sound policy. Providing health care to all Americans is socialism.
- Global warming and tobacco's link to cancer are junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.
- A president lying about an extramarital affair is an impeachable offense. A president lying to enlist support for a war in which thousands die is solid defense policy.
- Government should limit itself to the powers named in the Constitution, which include banning gay marriages and censoring the Internet.
- You support states' rights, which means Attorney General John Ashcroft can tell states what local voter initiatives they have a right to adopt.
I think Mr. Farley's forgotten some items, such as:
- We must destroy the environment in order to save it.
- Killing 3000 Americans = bad, killing 9000 Iraqis = good.
- It's perfectly okay for Bush to go AWOL from a National Guard stint to avoid Vietnam, but Dean's medical deferment is unconscionable.
Any others to add to the list, dear readers?