Blog Break: OSP Reading
While I'm at it, here are a few things you should read at Open Source Politics today:
* Judging and Prejudging: Reading the Tea Leaves of Judicial Independence
- Lilith Devlin asks whether members of the judiciary are contributing to the idea that our justice system favors some groups over others, and how they can counteract this.
* Playing the Race Card
- Jeff Alworth takes a look at the dust up over some Dean remarks that other candidates considered racist. While we here think Dean's choice of words might not have been best, Jeff does a good job of explaining what Dean meant, and why his comments were not racist.
* How to extend your Halloween for awhile...
- On a lighter note, Vanessa Gatsch has some ideas for keeping the Halloween spirit going. More specifically, she's got movie suggestions. Some good ones there, but it's not for the faint of heart.