OSP For Your Reading Enjoyment
Go to Open Source Politics and read:
* My post The Company We Keep
, which takes a look at what's been going on in Russia. Between the amount of natural resources in Russia, and the nuclear arsenal entrusted to them after the Soviet breakup, the future of Russia is important to the future of the world. From these details, the future of the democracy in Russia doesn't look so great.
* War Profiteering: Irresponsible
- Received wisdom says that Democrats have to fight the public's trust of the GOP when it comes to matters of war. Jeff Alworth identifies one such matter that should be a lock for the Dems: war profiteering.
* Closing our doors to refugees?
- Fleeing persecution and torture in your own country, you arrive in the U.S. hoping that it will give you refuge. Instead, you find yourself detained and investigated as a national security threat. Laura Poyneer reports on disturbing signs that this is America's new refugee policy.