I Would Ride 500 Miles
And I have! Actually, 517.8 thus far this season. Just did it on the same short loop as yesterday.
* Temperature when I left: 95 F
* Temperature when I got back: 92 F
* Pace: exactly 2 minutes slower than yesterday.
* 2 things that went through my head the entire ride:
- That Proclaimers song
- I knew I'd hit 500 today, and I plan on at least another 500 over the balance of the summer/fall. I'm very suggestable--the Jedi Mind Trick works on me, too.
- "The Chain", by Yuri Olesha
- at one point in the story, the child is riding his bike and he gets a bug in his eye. The bug is killed and the child wonders why it died, and whether there are poisonous juices in his eye that caused its demise. Yes, I got a bug in my eye about 9 miles into it.