Speaking Of Rummy
Time to lighten the mood: we have a winner in the latest Rummy Caption Contest! Here's the picture:
As usual, it was a tough choice. The honorable mentions:
- Rummy: You could say we intend to Achy Breaky the will of the terrorists.
Garth: Um, that wasn't me.
- Gee, Death, you're nothing like I pictured.
- "Some people see the Grim Reaper in robes, some see him in a cowboy hat. Either way, you're coming with me, Rummy."
- Cowboy: Yeah, I'd recognize the Rummy Kid anywhere, he's part of the Double-U Gang. Take him away sheriff, he's the worst!
- Secretary Rumsfeld secretly wished to himself that he man in the cowboy hat was motioning for him to come out on the dance floor and join him for a waltz. Rummy remembered his youth spent cavorting in the hills above Vienna listening to the grand dances and dreaming that some young prince would sweep him off of his feet and ask him to the governor's ball where he could wear that dress he ever so loved. Was this charming cowboy his secret prince?
"Yes, I'd love to dance," he said with a breathless smile and eyes turned up at his enchanted lover.
The cowboy, a bit confused, said, "Hey, man. I just wanted a smoke."
The Honorable Mentions and really everybody did an excellent job
. And without further ado, the $10 Amazon gift cert goes to:
So, Master Rumsfeld, is this how the Fist of the West Side is done?
You have much to learn, Grasshopper...
(: Tom :)
Congratulations! Thanks to everybody for entering, and for you continued readership.
PS--What will we do if Rummy resigns/gets fired? We'll need a new patsy for caption contests.