We hold this truth to be self-evident: Having George W. Bush as President has been and will continue to be a disaster.
We will not let our partisanship* towards any particular candidate for President cause us to lose sight of this basic truth. As such, we pledge ourselves not to become enablers of any campaign designed to divide us in our struggle to remove Bush from power. We pledge that no more will we be:
- Tools of those who would disrupt the Anybody-But-Bush movement.
- Partisans who would rather bring down the other guy's candidate than find reason to elevate our own.
- Dupes who will automatically assume that anything negative about the other guy's candidate is more likely to be true than the negative things said about our guy.
- Fools who lose sight of the ultimate goal: the defeat of George W. Bush on November 2nd, 2004.
We will uphold this pledge to the best of our ability.
We will encourage others to do the same.
This we do solemnly swear.
(from Interesting Times
, via corrente
* I'm not a partisan anyway, but I take this pledge in the spirit it was created.