My favorite movies at NODWISH
1) The Snowman
- One of my favorite songs of all time is Walking in the Air
--oddly enough, not the movie version as much as the one from Christmas with the Pops
(I also like George Wintson's
2) A Christmas Story
- While I never wanted an Official Red Ryder carbine action BB gun with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time, Ralphie's quest reminds me of my own myriad childhood Christmas obsessions.
3) It's a Wonderful Life
- Donna Reed. Nuff said.
4) A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Linus is my hero. Charlie Brown's pathetic tree, the true meaning of Christmas, and all that jazz.
5) Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- I've always felt like I belonged on the Isle of Misfit Toys. "Eat, Papa, Eat!"
Watching these shows always puts me in the NODWISH spirit. What are your quintessential holiday movies?
[Update: I was lazy and just copied 5 BlogSpeak comments into a single post in HaloScan. Hopefully it's not too much a pain in the ass to read. And c'mon, people! What are your favorite NODWISH movies? What, are you, like, interacting with family or something? That reminds me, Stef wants me to vacuum--my folks are coming over tomorrow.]